This mix up is a perfect dish to share at any gathering. It adds a twist to traditional salsa and can also be used as a salad topper. Grilled shrimp and chicken are also a sweet add!
Try roasting the sweet kernels in a cast iron skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil and a dash of salt before adding to the mix! This adds a smokey flavor to the salsa. Fresh and simple! The way we like it.
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 4-5 ears of sweet corn (We used our local friends, Hole's sweet corn we picked up at the farmers market. Take the corn kernels off the cob with a knife.
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- jalapeno, dice fresh is always best
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1-2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
Mix it up!
Chop and dice all your ingredients. Once they are prepped, add them to a large bowl, toss gently.
Chill in the fridge for an hour.
Serve with chips for a simple summertime treat!
Want to make it a meal? Just serve with grilled chicken or shrimp!